Historic District Commission
The information contained in the Cranston Historic District Commission section of this website was taken from the following resources. If you would like to learn more about Cranston, visit your local library.
* Brayton, Gladys W. "The Cranston Story." Rhode Island Yearbook (1969):55-67.
* Brayton, Gladys W. Other Ways and Other Days. East Providence, R.I.: Globe Printing Co., 1975.
* Butman, Dean P. "His Murder Changed Rhode Island Law." Rhode Island Yearbook (1968):H108-H114.
* Clauson, James Earl. Cranston: A Historical Sketch. Cranston, R.I.: Cranston 150th Anniversary Committee, 1904.
* Cranston Bicentennial, Celebrating 200 Years of Progress. Cranston Bicentennial Committee, 1954.
* "Echoes of Cranston." Regular columns on Cranston's history published in the Cranston Herald, 1952-59.
* Jones, Henry Aaron. The Dark Days of Social Welfare at the State Institutions at Howard, Rhode Island. [Providence, R.I.]: Department of Social Welfare, [1943?].
* Kennedy, Hazel Wade. A Guide to Historic Pawtuxet. Providence, R.I.: Oxford Press, 1972.
* Knight, Benjamin, Sr. History of the Sprague Families of Rhode Island. Santa Cruz: H. Coffin, 1881.
* McLoughlin, William G. Rhode Island: A Bicentennial History. New York: Norton, 1978.
* Miller, Bette. "The Curator's Corner." A series of monthly articles appearing in the Bulletin of the Cranston Historical Society, 1969-77.
* Pezelli, Peter. "House Haunting." Rhode Island Monthly (October 1991):77.
* Rhode Island Board of Charities and Corrections. Annual Reports, 1870-1917.
* Rhode Island Historical Preservation Commission. Statewide Historical Preservation Report Pk-P-1: Pawtuxet Village, Cranston and Warwick, Rhode Island. Providence, R.I.: Rhode Island Historical Preservation Commission, 1973.
* ------. Statewide Historical Preservation Report P-C-1: Cranston, Rhode Island. Providence, R.I.: Rhode Island Historical Preservation Commission, 1980.