Overflow Trash Program
OVERFLOW TRASH PROGRAM
The Department of Public Works is pleased to introduce a new way to dispose of extra trash which may be generated by residents during the course of the year. This program is known as the Overflow Trash Program and is described as follows:
• During periods of the year, such as holidays, birthday parties and other social gatherings when a resident produces extra trash which will not be fully contained in the city provided 65 gallon trash cart, an Overflow Trash Bag program is available.
• The Overflow Trash Bag Program allows the resident to purchase specially colored and marked 30 gallon plastic trash bags to supplement the carts. These plastic bags are available in sleeves of 5 bags for $10.00.
• OVERFLOW BAGS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS :
• STOP & SHOP 200 ATWOOD AVE 204 GARFIELD AVE 275 WARWICK AVE
• PHRED’S DRUG 1300 OAKLAWN AVE
• DURFEE TRUE VALUE HARDWARE 65 ROLFE SQUARE
• SHAWS - 8 Chapel View Blvd
• BENNY'S - 819 Park Ave. 148 Atwood Ave.
• For weeks when the city supplied 65 gallon cart is not large enough, the resident is required to use the specially marked 30 gallon Overflow Trash Bags. On trash collection day, the bag shall be placed on the ground, next to the cart. Waste Management shall then proceed to empty the 65 gallon cart as normal and then shall make a second pickup of the Overflow Trash Bags.