As Mayor of Cranston, I am proud to welcome you to the official website of the City. With a population of approximately 80,000, Cranston is the third largest City in the State of Rhode Island and home to two of our State’s premier shopping and dining centers --- Garden City and Chapel View. Being a vibrant suburban community, Cranston also boasts of rural areas on the western side of the City and a shoreline on beautiful Narragansett Bay to the east.
The primary goal of this site is to provide residents, businesses, and those considering a move to our City, with in-depth information that can be accessed in an efficient manner. As you browse our web-site, you will find that we are in the process of enhancing it to make it more user-friendly. You will also find updates occurring on a continuous basis.
So, I hope you enjoy your visit to our site. On behalf of my administration, we welcome your comments and questions. You may contact us at (401) 461-1000.
Allan Fung, Mayor
Areas of Importance:
- Tax Assessor: 2014 Tax Roll, Assessor Maps, and Exemption info
- Finance Department: 2014/15 Budget, monthly financial reports, and more
- Get to know your City Council Members
- Local Elected Officials contact information
- City Directory with phone and fax numbers, and an online contact form
- Cranston FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Public Forum - Community Development - Five Year Consolidated Plan - 2015-2020
- Community Development Draft Consolidated Plan July 2015 - June 2020
- FY 2016 Budget Hearing Schedule and Proposed FY16 Budget
- Scholarship Program for Graduating Cranston Students
- Cranston Police Department Officer Recruitment Application Information
- When Are Schools Closed Due To Weather Conditions ?
- Should I Shovel The Snow Off My Roof ?
- Cranston 2015 Revaluation
- Schedule of Job Fairs
- Cranston’s 2015 Neighborhood Tree Planting Program
- Ebola Cirus Disease (EVD) Screening for EMS
- Trash and Recycling Carts - Changeouts and additional carts
- Marriage Equality Law Effective August 1, 2013
- 2014 Tax Bills (Real Estate, Motor Vehicles, Sewer) are being mailed June 14 and are due July 15
- Tips for Rodent Control and Prevention
- New Policy for White Goods Program
- » View More Hot Topics...
- National Register Historic District Nomination in the Edgewood Neighborhood
- » View More News Items...
- April 28th at 6:00pm: Special Council Meeting
- April 28th at 6:30pm: Finance Budget Hearings
- April 28th at 6:30pm: Conservation Commission
- April 29th at 9:30am: Investment Committee
- May 4th at 6:00pm: Claims Committee
- May 4th at 7:00pm: Safety Services and Licensing
- May 4th at 7:00pm: Public Works Comm.
- May 5th at 9:30am: Investment Committee
- » View More Meetings and Events...